Gum Treatment in Dubai
An infection of the gum line known as gum disease can spread to the bone that surrounds and supports your teeth. Gum Disease also known as Periodontal Disease begins with bacterial development in the mouth, the localized inflammation of the gingiva is begun by bacteria in the dental plaque, which is a microbial biofilm that forms on the teeth and gingiva. At some time in their lives, this condition will impact close to 70% of people. Despite being such a common ailment, few people are aware of it or the issues it can lead to. We, at Smart Smile Dental Center, provide the best gum treatment in Dubai.
What Causes Gum Disease?
Insufficient oral hygiene is the main contributor to gum disease. The likelihood of bacterial buildup is significant if you are not brushing or flossing properly. However, there are also other factors, such as:
- Cigarette use, makes it challenging for gum tissues to heal.
- The amount of saliva that protects teeth and gums is decreased when taking certain medications, including oral contraceptives, steroids, anticonvulsants, calcium channel blockers, and chemotherapy. Even the abnormal growth of gum tissue is a side effect of some drugs.
- Your gums may become sensitive and more vulnerable to gum diseases as a result of hormonal changes including puberty, menstruation, menopause, pregnancy, and others.
- Gum disease is more likely to occur if you have a weakened immune system from certain illnesses like cancer and HIV. Additionally, gum disease is more common among diabetics.
- Gingivitis can be exacerbated by familial history and genetic vulnerability.
What are the Options for Gum Disease?
The course of gum disease will determine the best course of treatment. Your health history and general health also play a role. Non-surgical therapies and surgical procedures are both available as therapeutic alternatives.
The Non-Surgical Alternatives Involve:
This is carried out at the very first sign of gum disease. Both above and below the gum line, your dentist will remove plaque or tartar (which hardens the tooth surface). It works as a preventative step to help you from developing gum disease.
Root planing and scaling
This is another method of deep cleaning. The main distinction is that a local anaesthetic will be administered by your dentist to begin the procedure. Both above and below the gum line are cleaned of plaque and tartar, and then the rough areas are smoothed down. The act of smoothing aids in bacterial eradication. Only if your dentist discovers calculus accumulation under the gums will this be carried out.
The Surgical Alternatives Involve: